This is one of my all time favorite quinoa dishes.
And coming from me, that means a lot!
It is loaded with veggies, plant-based protein, and a healthy mouthful of Mediterranean flavors and fats. I serve it with a multitude of meals from salmon fillets to chicken kabobs. It also makes a great leftovers all on its own as a lean and yet satisfying lunch.
This is also a perfect dish to prep ahead so you don't have to do all the chopping and cooking of quinoa during the chaos of dinner time.
Prepping ahead makes me enjoy this dish even more when all I have to do is dump ingredients into a ziplock, give it a good shake, and serve.
It's not fancy but it is oh. so. easy.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Prep time: 15 mins / Cook time: 15 mins / Total time: 30 mins
Serves: ~8 cups
This is a light and refreshing side dish that could go with a multiple of menus.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1 english cucumber, cut in quarters and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsalmic
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- Fill large pot with water. Add quinoa and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook until the quinoa appears tender and all water is absorbed (approximately 15-20 minutes). Transfer quinoa to a large bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, balsamic, garlic, and salt. Mix with diced bell pepper, red onion, cucumber, and tomatoes. Once well combined, gently add in crumbled feta.
- Once the quinoa is cool, combine with other ingredients. Mix well. Add additional salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Toss gently, and refrigerate until ready to serve.