Pecan Coconut Energy Bites
Recipe Type: Snacks
Serves: ~15, 2 TBSP sized energy bites
- 2 cups pecans, raw unsalted
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Set up food processor with standard chopping blade*. Add nuts. Pulse until nuts are in fine, almost pulp-like pieces.
- Add dates and coconut to nuts. Continue to pulse until all ingredients are small and combined.
- Add vanilla, 1 TBSP water, and salt. Pulse until all ingredients begin to stick together.
- If the ingredients appear too crumbly, add more water until mixture begins to form a large ball.
- Remove energy bites using a cookie dough scoop**. Roll into small balls and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flash freeze energy bites on cookie sheet until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and transfer for a air-tight container.
- Store energy bites in the fridge for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.
**I use a OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this and other privacy and legal matters, please see my disclosure statement.