I have a good dietitian friend over at Milk & Honey Nutrition who does a weekly, "Toast Tuesday" on her Instagram. So just for fun, I decided to join in on this idea and do our own colorful toast idea with this "mermaid" or "unicorn" toast idea.
Full disclosure, my daughters wouldn't eat this as I think it was a bit too unfamiliar for them (being highly apprehensive little eaters). But I would expect most kids, especially little girls who love mermaids and unicorns, would love this change up to your typical morning toast!
- Your favorite bread (we prefer Dave's Killer Bread or Alpine Valley)
- Whipped cream cheese
- Frozen blueberries, thawed in juice
- Fresh mango, soft, mashed
- Frozen strawberries, thawed in juice
1. Take bread of choice and lightly toast. While it toasts, put blueberries, mango, and strawberries in separate bowls. Gently mash fruit until it creates a colorful paste. Remove larger pieces of fruit, if you prefer a smoother spread (without fruit bits).
2. Gently add cream cheese to each of the bowls. Stir until colors combine well. Spread on toast and gently smear colors around until the desired pattern is achieved.
3. Use dye-free sprinkles for a fun extra touch to finish off your toast. I have linked the ones we use below.
Products Used (affiliate link):