- 2 cups cashews, raw unsalted
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried blueberries, preferably organic
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- pinch of salt (1/8-1/4 teaspoon)
- water, as needed
- Set up food processor with standard chopping blade*. Add nuts. Pulse until nuts are in fine, almost pulp-like pieces.
- Add dates and blueberries to nuts. Continue to pulse until all ingredients are small and combined.
- Add vanilla, 1 TBSP lemon juice, zest, and salt. Pulse until all ingredients begin to stick together.
- If the ingredients appear too crumbly, add remaining lemon juice and/or water til desired taste and consistency is achieved.
- Remove energy bites using a cookie dough scoop**. Roll into small balls and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flash freeze energy bites on cookie sheet until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and transfer for a air-tight container.
- Store energy bits in the fridge for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.
**I use a OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this and other privacy and legal matters, please see my disclosure statement.