These are a simple snack to make for any season. We first made these into "eggs" last Easter and now are rolling them back out as an easy addition to any lunchbox*.
Check your child's school nut policy before sending these to school. These work with any nut-butter though, so feel free to adjust to use almond, Nuttzo, or sunflower seed butter alternatives, if necessary!
Honey-Nut Cheerios Bars
Veggies and Virtue
12-24 bars, depending on size
- 8 cups whole-grain O's (we used half multi-grain Cheerios +half plain Cheerios)
- 3/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (ideally use local!)
- Measure cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Put nut butter and honey in small saucepan and heat on medium until smooth and combined.
- Pour nut butter+honey mixture on cereal. Allow to cool slightly, then mix with hands or wooden spoon until cereal is fully coated.
- Transfer into a 9x13 baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down on mixture.
- Chill in freezer until firm. Remove from freezer and lift parchment paper. Use a large knife to cut through bars into the size desired.
- Enjoy immediately or keep in the refrigerator up to one week.