Cherry Orange Walnut Energy Bites
Recipe Type: Snacks
Serves: ~15, 2 TSBP sized energy bites
- 2 cups walnuts, raw unsalted
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried cherries, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 Tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds, if desired
- Set up food processor with standard chopping blade*. Add nuts. Pulse until nuts are in fine, almost pulp-like pieces.
- Add dates and dried cherries to nuts. Continue to pulse until all ingredients are small and combined.
- Add vanilla, 2 TBSP of OJ, and salt. Pulse until all ingredients begin to stick together.
- If the ingredients appear too crumbly, add more OJ until mixture begins to form a large ball.
- Remove energy bites using a cookie dough scoop**. Roll into small balls and set on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- If desired, roll energy bites in hemp seeds prior to freezing.
- Flash freeze energy bites on cookie sheet until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and transfer for a air-tight container.
- Store energy bites in the fridge for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to one month.
**I use a OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this and other privacy and legal matters, please see my disclosure statement.